Mario rescues Princess Peach from Bowser in Super Mario games, while in Super Princess Peach, the role is reversed for Mario and Peach, Bowser kidnaps Mario and Peach rescues him. This sort of romantic configuration is referred to as 'Power Player', which requires the use of Power Gloves, with both Peach and Mario referred to as the Switch, and Bowser fulfilling the role of the cuck. They Game, and he Watches. This can be considered a form of Power Coupling.Mario is a twenty-five year old Italian human. Mario has fair skin, short and stocky and medium portly. He has bright blue eyes, big nose and a thick dark-brown mustache with six bumps. Mario has short brown hair with two sideburns, three large bangs pointing upwards, four short bangs point upward the back of his neck and a sprout-shaped cowlick.
He wears a red shirt and blue overalls with yellow buttons. He wears a red cap that has the "M" symbol for his name (unless it has been stolen by a monkey or possessed by some being) and wears white gloves and brown shoes.
Unlike his younger brother Luigi, his lover Peach, and his longtime rival Bowser, Mario has very little personality, not undergoing any character development whatsoever. He is playful, cocky, shows good sportsmanship, but also incredible recklessness, rushing into situations without a strategy. He has a very idealistic view of others and shows no grudge against any enemy he faces, especially if said enemy's actions are atrocious. This is shown with his nemesis Bowser, whom he keeps inviting to kart races and parties despite Bowser's constant kidnapping of Peach and generally making life miserable.
- Superhuman Strength - Mario can lift and press objects that are several times his weight. The exact upper limits of his strength are unknown, but has been seen to easily lift a castle after defeating Larry Koopa. Mario is known to lift King Bob-omb. He demonstrates his skills again when fighting against Bowser.
- Superhuman Leap and Jumping - Mario's strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to perform his signature jumping. Mario is extremely good at jumping and is capable of leaping two stories high. In addition to the mushroom granting such enhanced strength, Mario has always been a good jumper, and earned the nickname Jumpman as a younger man while jumping upon construction girders to fight Donkey Kong.
- Superhuman Durability - Mario can endure great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with superhuman strength. Mario can also endure extreme environments, such as volcanoes and tundras. Also, he can withstand fire, electricity, and ice. To reiterate, this is only while in a powered-up state, at any normal time the human Mario will be damaged and die. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Superhuman Stamina - Mario can maintain continuous physical activity for an indefinite time, as attested to by both his ex-lover Pauline and current lover Peach. Mario has been with two ladies.
- Superhuman Speed - Mario is capable of running up walls and is capable of outpacing sound. Koopa the Quick has referred to Mario as a "human blur".
- Superhuman Reflexes and Agility - Mario has shown himself time and time again to be very agile and nimble. This power allowed him to survive many dangerous situations that would kill a normal human. He accomplishes this by enhancing his otherwise doughy average Italian-American form with plants and sweet moves. He also performs a sudden exhale to perform better and look cool, in the form of "Hyah!" "Ha-ha" "Ho!" or "Yahoo!"
- Enhanced/Master Combatant - Mario has his fighting style as learned from the Legend of the Seven Stars.
- Weapon Proficiency - Despite not usually using guns, Mario is very skilled with weapons. Once while on a Yoshi Safari, Mario has shown he is competent and skilled with guns.
- Expert Vehicular Driver - Mario is skilled in driving vehicles, such as karts and motorbikes. Mario is a good all-around type.
- Dimension Flipping - Mario can flip 3D after Bestovius grants the ability, but he will slowly lose a life if he stays 3D too long.
- Pyrokinesis - Mario can create and manipulate fire, but needs a Fire Flower to obtain this Fire Power. Mario uses the Mario Finale, in which he unleashes a powerful blast of fire. Mario is always associated with the element of fire.
- Supernatural Survivability - Mario constantly died. Despite dying from hard injuries, Mario cheated death and returned to where he had left off.
With all these powers and abilities, you could say he is a... Mario Sue.
Luigi is Mario's younger twin brother. Luigi joins Mario on his adventures, and the two of them are paired together in sports. They have a strong brotherly bond and help each other when one is in trouble. At times, Mario does exhibit a competitive sibling attitude toward Luigi, such as when he intentionally steps and squirms on Luigi's foot when Luigi received a tennis trophy.
It is unknown where the Legendary twins were born, or how it is known that Luigi is the younger of the two, as they were brought like so many heroes by a mythical Stork. Kamek snatched Baby Luigi and the Stork with Mario falling onto Yoshi. Yoshi and his travel companions work together to help Mario save Luigi while the Toadies attempt to chase them. After the defeat of Baby Bowser, Mario reunited with Luigi and Yoshi freed the stork. The stork continued carrying Mario and Luigi to the parents' home and leaves Mario and Luigi by the porch.
Mario knew that Donkey Kong has kidnapped Pauline onto a dangerous construction site. Donkey Kong taunted and teased Mario until Mario defeated Donkey Kong and Mario rescues Pauline. For revenge, Mario kidnapped Donkey Kong inside the cage. Mario prevented Donkey Kong Jr. from rescuing Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. caught up with Mario which he failed keeping Donkey Kong captive.
Discovering the Mushroom KingdomEdit
Mario and Luigi worked as plumbers inside the sewers of New York, where by all accounts they lived and held office. They traveled via sewage pipes.
Mario and Luigi heard about Bowser summoning dark magic into the Mushroom World turning Toads into inanimate objects, Princess Peach was also kidnapped by Bowser so that she cannot undo the spell. Mario defeated Bowser and rescued Peach, who assigned him a new quest. Mario falls in love with Peach, forgetting his real world girlfriend like a complete jerk.Luigi has no girlfriend.
Mario dreams, as a sleeper he wakes. A staircase leads forever to a door that is not a door, but a nexus. He falls into himself, now terror of a deadly fall with no lives left but odd symbols of indeterminate origin, unreadable, why is that, but the fall, mortal dread, panic, adrenaline, move your feet, you fool, you fall, you are fine. The clouds. A curse? My friends! A vegetable? A weapon. A potion. A door.
Mario woke up from his dream and told Peach, Luigi, and Toad about his strange dream. The group decided to go to the nearby mountain for a picnic. They enjoyed looking at the scenery until they spot a small cave. Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad curiously approached the cave finding a long staircase leading to the door. As they opened the door, they fell into Subcon, the land of dreams. Mario remembered the advice from the voice from his dream, Wart hates vegetables. Mario confronted Wart and defeated him with vegetables. He saved the SuMbacroinos .j uMmaprsia o,a uigi, Toad, Peach, and the Subcons celebrate their rescue from Wart's evil spell.
Mario jumps around with no regard to his surroundings or those around him. His big old a boot is known to crush the skulls and shells of any creature that opposes him or gets in his way. The wanton destruction of his environment results in harm and displacement for the various wildlife of the Mushroom Kingdom, or any area Mario and Luigi visit (though on his own, Luigi takes more care).
Mario is a famous character in Japan. People dress up as Mario characters and race in go-karts.